Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Never Too Late To Change Your Life


I know well the desire to be COMFORTABLE. I believed when things were hard it was a "sign" that it wasn't meant to be. 
Luckily I reached a point in my life where I was in so much PAIN, that I had a wake up moment. Cuz that's all pain is - a wake up call, an opportunity to pull your mind into the NOW, and face the results of the choices you have made. 
And boy oh boy did I get to face the results of my choices!! My choices were to do what's EASY. I was sleeping on the couch while my kids played on the floor, never engaging as a mother. Eating junk food with my husband while wasting hours watching TV each night. I had always given up on my goals when things got tough. There were so many choices I was making at that time that weren't working for me. And the result? I was uncomfortable being ME. 
My very painful moment that woke me up? Realizing I was not even leaving the house because I hated how I looked. I was MISERABLE, embarrassed, & uncomfortable. I find it amazing I even have "before" pics to show because I sure did avoid the camera!
I drew a line in the sand and said "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! I am FINALLY willing to be uncomfortable. Struggle is far less painful than regret, right?!!" I had the regret, and knew first hand how PAINFUL that was. So I was ready to struggle for the things I knew I deserved, that my family deserved. I knew it was time to LIVE. Time to BE the kind of person I would be PROUD of my kids modeling. 
It wasn't easy. I had do a lot of things I didn't want to, like eat vegetables and get up and work out when I really wanted to sleep. lol. I had to train my mind to think differently. There were a lot of habits I had to break, and new habits I had to create in it's place. 
I started reading personal development, filling my mind with positive affirmations, surrounding myself with people who were headed where I wanted to be, and I EVEN set goals. And I'm not gonna lie, those goals made me really uncomfortable. It was a constant reminder that I'm not where I want to be yet. 
But guess what??!!!
I changed my life. I CREATED a life that I'm proud of.
So now I feel a responsibility to spread the word that we have ONE life, ONE body, ONE chance here on earth. Don't let life pass you by! Don't let life HAPPEN to you, take control!
You get to CHOOSE the kind of life you want. So design your dream life, and then take action! Because all it comes down to is choosing different daily behaviors to bring about different RESULTS.
Just remember - it's worth it. Even if those daily behaviors are uncomfortable at the beginning. 
It's never too late to change your life.  
Ready to make a change in your own life? Join one of my challenge groups where you can workout in the comfort of your home, have one on one support, & all the tools for success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment